Sometimes we get tired of reading long texts and documents and we wish to find someone to read the text instead of us. Windows Phone has a good solution for us. ReadAloud is a text to speech converter for your Windows Phone or Windows 8 device. It converts any text into spoken words. Instead of struggling to read text on the small screen of the phone, with this app you can have any text read to you. The app supports also the conversion of web pages and PDF files.
ReadAloud is the best text-to-speech tool available for Windows Phone. It has three main pages that include a Start, Recent and Pinned pages.
• Start page is where you launch the reader
• Recent page lists your most recently listened to documents
• Pinned page is where you can find any articles you want to read later
Settings cover language and gender selection, text settings and a few general settings such as setting your recent page size, action when a document is shared with ReadAloud and a reset button.
While you can open documents and web pages directly from ReadAloud, you can also share documents and web pages with ReadAloud. For example, if you run across a web page in Internet Explorer that you want to listen to. Just choose the share option and select ReadAloud. The document will then be sent to ReadAloud, converted and available for your listening enjoyment. If sharing is not available, you can always copy the text from the document you need audio support for and pasting it in the Blank Page.
1. Click “share” in supported apps to send text to ReadAloud for aloud reading.
2. Open PDF files from Windows file system for reading aloud.
3. Save articles opened in ReadAloud for listening them later.
4. Easily control the pitch and rate of the speech.
5. Pause/resume speech as needed, plus next/previous buttons to jump by sentence.
6. Select from list of languages.
7. The sentence being read gets highlighted.
8. Auto scroll while reading.
If you don’t want to read this article but to listen to it, then you can find and download the ReadAloud app from Windows Phone Store.