Just as what consumers expect them to be, latest mobile devices like Apple's iPhone 6 offer a number of various features and services to meet every user's needs and expectations as possible. Features come in forms of enhancements while others are totally new.
And for you to make the most of your new iPhone device, you have to learn at least the basics on how to use these features or know their respective functions or learn how each of them works on your device.
In this guide, we'll discuss a few of the important features and tools the iPhone 6 integrates and we'll help you learn how to use each of them. Read on to learn more.
iPhone 6 Search apps Overview
The iPhone 6 offers you with different ways to perform searches including Search apps like Spotlight Search.
Spotlight Search is an application used not only to perform searches on your iPhone but also prompts you with suggestions from the App Store and the Internet, including suggestions for movie Showtimes, nearby locations, etc.
How to use Spotlight Search on the iPhone 6
You can also search your iPhone to search for any item. To do so, simply follow these steps:
1. Drag down the middle of any Home screen, which will prompt you with the search field.
2. Type in or enter the name of the item you want to search and you should see results showing as you type.
- To view more results on the screen, you can hide the keyboard by tapping on Search.
- To select an item from the search results, tap on the item from the list. Doing so will open it.
Aside from searching your iPhone for an item, you can also use Spotlight Search to search for any open applications, and then select which apps and contents are searched. Here's how to get this done:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap on General, and finally,
3. Select Spotlight Search.
Hint: To deselect apps or content, just tap on the app or content.
You can also change the search order according to your preference. Follow these steps:
1. Touch and drag an item to a new position.
2. To limit Spotlight Search to your iPhone, go to Settings, tap on General, select Spotlight Search and then tap Spotlight Suggestions to deselect it.
If you want to turn off Location Services for Spotlight Suggestions, just go to Settings, select Privacy, then tap on Location Services. Now, scroll to and tap on System Services, then turn off or disable Spotlight Suggestions.
And that covers the basics on how to use Spotlight Search to perform searches on your iPhone 6.